Thursday, June 5, 2014

Day Six - Barbados

When I got up today I was a little disoriented. My group was doing different things today so I didn't need to be up at the crack of dawn. I got out of bed, walked out on to the balcony and was greeted by this view...



My thought was "where the heck are we?". We were supposed to be in Barbados! And we were. I was just surprised by the port area being so industrial.


My friends and I both booked the "Barbados Beach Break" excursion through the ship for today's activity. We just booked them at different times. Three of us were booked for the 8:00 am trip (I didn't feel the need to be on the beach at 8:00 am) and two of us were going on the 12:15 pm trip.

So I spent my morning enjoying the ship. I had a nice leisurely breakfast in the Windjammer, spent an hour in the gym on the treadmill and elliptical and then read for a while on my balcony.

I am going to note that it was a national holiday in Barbados the day we were there. Stores were closed. My friend joked, "Here the stores close for a holiday, in America we have sales."

At 12:15 we disembarked to go on our excursion. There was a terminal to go through with shops to get to the bus for the excursion. The excursion was $29 which included transportation to and from the beach, a chair, umbrella and a rum punch. We boarded the bus and 20 minutes later we were at Accra Beach.





It was a nice beach. The water was turquoise blue with decent waves. It was a bit rocky (not as rocky as the beach in St. Croix), I would advise bringing water shoes. We had about three hours on the beach.

When we got back to the ship terminal I took a few minutes and made good use of the free wifi that was offered.

Tonight was the second formal night. There was prime rib and lobster on the menu. Rayfton made sure we had plenty of each.







We had a full night of activities ahead of us. I made sure that everyone in our party was prepared to stay up later tonight. First up, the Coral Theater to see "Revoice", a five member a cappella band. I had seen them on my previous Jewel cruise so I was excited to see them again. If I had to use one word to describe them, it would be "incredible". If you ever had the chance to see them, take it!

We then found seats on Deck 5 overlooking the Centrum. We had a bit of down time, so we spent some quality time people watching. At 10:30 pm the Centrum came alive with the 70s Disco Party. The music of Donna Summer and the Village People filled the room. The Village People actually made an appearance, well, it was really the activities staff. They were very entertaining and energetic.

The Safari Lounge was our next destination. The Quest was our next activity. I can't tell you what it is because it takes the fun away if you have never done it before. Just be prepared to be entertained immensely.

It was way past everyone's bedtime now. Tomorrow is a sea day, so sleeping in is on my agenda...maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment